Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Million Excuses

Don't you always have a million and one excuses to not exercise, or to eat crap?

I do.

So, during a trip to Goodwill last weekend (there's a point to what I said a minute ago) I found this book titled "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" by Lisa Delaney.  I figured for some pocket change, it might be a good read.  I'm not usually into self-help books, but this one had a catchy title.  It's actually a pretty good book, a little older (2007) and makes me laugh.  Her "trick" to sticking with an exercise/dieting plan is a bit different--start exercising regularly before making dietary changes.

The part I read last night was interesting to me because she talked about excuses and how to make yourself exercise.  She started talking to herself.  Crazy, right?  Right up my alley!  She would tell herself "It's not an option" or INO for short.  If she didn't feel like getting up to go to the gym, INO.  If it was too cold to go for a walk, INO.  I have a ton of excuses on a daily basis for not getting up and getting moving, which are all pretty lame.  Before I know it, the day has passed and I've sat on my butt all day.  It's going to take baby steps, but I'm going to try to implement "INO"...

...starting tomorrow.


You can read more about "Secrets of a Former Fat Girl" here:  http://www.formerfatgirl.com/author.html

No comments:

Post a Comment