Saturday, January 21, 2012

Quiet Time

I've been quiet lately because I'm so darn tired.  I know some of it is my own fault, because I stay up late, then get up early.  Some of it is because of the medication I take to keep the clots from coming back.  My dose in the past few weeks has been upped, and then upped again this week.  Maybe that's why I'm even more fatigued today than usual.  I suppose the dreary, nasty nap-time weather isn't helping either.  :)

I did work in a long swim at the Y on Thursday night, which was nice.  It also helped pinpoint exactly how out of shape I am.  I did a lot of long swimming--just freestyle back and forth for several laps.  Got the kickboard out and worked on tightening my core and kicking.  Then I spent a while just swimming underwater, trying to force myself to stay under longer each time to work on my lung capacity.  I know that'll help in the long run with my workouts.

When you're out of shape and getting back into working out, what kinds of activities do you do to ease yourself back in?  Or do you just full-throttle it?  In the past I've gone full-throttle and then stopped abruptly when I've become burned out.  This time, for health reasons, I'm taking it slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment